Yankee Springs Township now offers several recycling options to the
residents of Yankee Springs Township.
- A Papergator. The Papergator gobbles up clean newsprint, catalogs and magazines, junk mail, phone books, office/school paper,and hard and soft cover books. However, the Papergator chokes on all kinds of cardboard. So please be kind, and do not put any cardboard into the Papergator. This container is emptied every week on Thursday. For further information, please see the Papergator website.
- A Metal recycle container. Please put all kinds of clean metal into the metal recycler. This includes tin cans, any other metal and aluminum.
- A General recycle container. Please put all clean and flattened plastic containers, milk jugs, glass jars with lids removed, and flattened corrugated cardboard into this container. This container is emptied twice a week on Monday and Friday mornings.
Please be courteous and do not leave any items outside of the bins.
If the bins are full, please return later with your recyclables.
Because we do not wish to establish a rodent buffet,
please insert cleaned items only in the bins.
In addition, the Barry County Health Department offers a Household Hazardous Waste collection two times a year, in May and September, at the Barry County Fairgrounds, 1350 N M-37 Highway. The 2017 dates for collection are May 13 and September 23. Among the items collected are:
- Household and Automobile Batteries.
- Aerosol cans.
- Pesticides and chemicals.
- Oil-based Paints.
- Acids and solvents.
- Prescription Drugs and over the counter medicines with original labels attached.
- Motor Oil.
- Tubular fluorescent and CFL bulbs.
Also scrap and junk tires are collected for a nominal disposal fee at the Barry County Fairgrounds. For further information, please see the Barry County Health Department website.
Motor Oil can also be recycled at the Elite Auto Clinic of Gun Lake located at 12223 W M-179. Please call 269-795-9277 for hours of operation.
For Electronics recycling, please see comprenew.org.