Tax receipts are available on our website under property database. Receipts are mailed only upon request.

Parks and Points of Interest

Yankee Springs Township Park

The Yankee Springs Township Park is located at 1825 Parker Drive (just off M-179 and Parker Drive).  It covers 9 acres which offers a barrier-free walking path of 2,289 ft. long and 5 feet wide.  The Pavilion, the tennis and pickleball courts are all barrier-free. Electric service is provided in the Pavilion.

We also offer a children's play area and a baseball and soccer field.  
The basketball court is completely fenced providing opportunities for wheelchair basketball. 

We have two Port-a-Jons, one of which is ADA-compliant.  We also provide a handicapped parking area with an additional 28 spaces.

The Pavilion is available on a reservation basis.  Forms can be found on our website, yankeespringstwp.org/ or at the Township Office.  Please return your completed form to the Township Office at 284 N Briggs Road, Middleville, MI 49333.
 







The Deep Lake Campground has 78 campsites and a group camping area.  It does not have electricity, and has vault toilets and hand pumps for potable water.
There is a fishing pier and boat launch available.
For more information please call 1-269-795-9081.

 www.alltrails.com/trail/us/michigan/graves-hill-overlook-devils-soup-bowl-and-hall-lake-loop

T
he Devil's soup bowl is a glacially-carved "kettle" formation that descends almost 100 feet into the forest floor.

 The Gun Lake campground has 200 campsites, restrooms, showers, a camper boat launch and beach. 

The day use area is located on a peninsula that extends into Gun Lake.  With almost 100 acres of picnic area, the Day Use area also includes two picnic shelters, restroom facilities, two swimming beaches (including historic Roosevelt Beach), a large, improved boat lauch and a shallow water lauch for kayaks, canoes and other small vessels.  Also included are two boat cleaning stations to prevent the spread of invasive species.

for additional information, please call 1-269-795-9081.

Although tree growth has obstructed the view from the Graves' Hill overlook,  this once provided a breathtaking glimpse of Gun Lake and the surrounding area.

 Hall Lake is a scenic lake that provides a small boat, canoe and kayak launch.

 Sassafras Interpretive Trail - 1 mile loop:
This trail begins near the Gun Lake Campground Office.  Signs along this self-guided trail provide information on the park's many habitats.  This trail is approved for ADA use.

Gun Lake Trail - .5 linear trail:
Connects the Gun Lake Campground with the Day Use Area, ending at the fishing pier.

Hall Lake Trail - 2 mile loop:
Begins across from the entrance to the Long Lake Outdoor Center and follows along the shores of Hall Lake to Graves' Hill, then circles back to the trailhead.

Chief Noonday Trail - 2 mile linear trail:
Begins off M-179 and heads south past McDonald Lake before connecting to the Long Lake Trail.

Long Lake Trail - 2.5 mile linear trail:
Adjoins the Sassafras Trail and has a starting point from Briggs Road, north of Park Headquarters.  This trail includes a boardwalk over a bog area and connects with the Hall Lake Trail near Graves's Hill.

Deep Lake Trail - 4 mile loop:
Begins at the Deep Lake Campground and follows along the Mountain Bike Trail before breaking off along Deep Lake Road and returning to the campground.

Mountain Bike Trail - 13 mile loop:
This trail starts out flat for a warmup, then leads you through rugged hills before returning through sandy terrain and a creek crossing.  Portions of the trail are shared with the Deep Lake Trail.

Ski Trail - 9 miles:
Nordic trail for cross-country skiing.

The park has several additional local and connecting trails to extend your hike.  For more information, inquire at Park Headquarters.




Bowens Mills is a ninteen acre historical park that includes an 1864 grist mill and cider mill.  It is a working museum that still grinds and sells corn through the use of water powered mill stones.  Included are a plank house, school house, Victorian home, covered bridge, horses and farm animals.


 
Historic Bowens Mill
55 Briggs Road
Middleville, MI 49333
269-795-7530
bowensMills.com.
HMdb.org/bowensMills

 This campground provides 25 campsites, a day use area and picnic shelter.  There is no electricity.  Vault toilets and a hand pump for potable water are provided .

 Rustic Cabins with built in bunks, electricity, kitchenette, small appliances and wall heater are provided at the Chief Noonday Outdoor Center on Long Lake.  Vault toilets and a hand pump for potable water are provided.

 A pine  plantation was planted in the late 1930's.  Originally a roadway, erosion has necessitated protective measures, but a short hike to this beautiful area is worth the trip.

 Founded in 1835, Yankee Bill Lewis owned and operated a hotel along the "Good Intent" stagecoach run from Kalamazoo to Grand Rapids.

 The Yankee Springs Recreation Area, once the hunting grounds of the Algonquin Indians and the famous Chief Noonday, contains more than 5,000 acres of rugged terrain, bogs, marshes, lakes and streams.  The park's nine lakes include beautiful Gun Lake and provide excellent fishing and water sports of all kinds.

The park provides almost nine miles of trails that are open to cross country skiing in addition to hiking and biking trails.

Summer nature programs are provided in the Gun Lake campground.

Portions of the park are open to small and big game hunting.  Please inquire at the park headquarters.

Metal detecting is permitted only on open beach and water in the campgrounds.  No metal detecting is permitted in historical or scenic areas, on the trails or any other areas of the park. Natural and cultural resources must be protected and any items found must be reviewed by park staff and may be retained for further investigation..

The headquarters for the Yankee Springs Recreation Area is located at 2104 S. Briggs Road, Middleville, MI 49333.  1-269-795-9081.

www.michigan.gov/dnr