The summer tax bills were mailed 7/1/2024 and are due by midnight 9/16/2024. For information about Gypsy Moths look in Public Documents on this web site!

Building Permits

Did you need an approved Site Plan Review for all homes, sheds, storage buildings, fencing, structural remodeling, decks, additions, etc., and swimming pools?

Before any construction begins, the following permits may be required:

  • An application for a Site Plan Review (SPR)  SPR application must be completed and submitted before a Zoning Permit is issued by the Zoning Administrator, Joe Shea, in the Yankee Springs Township Office.
  • After the Zoning Permit is issued, the Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical Permits are issued by Professional Code Inspections (PCI) in the Hastings Office at 110 W Center Street, Suite A, Hastings, MI 49058.  Office:  269-948-4088.  Website:  
  • Sewer and  possibly water permits are available from Gun Lake Water and Sewer.  Website :
  • Soil and Erosion Permits are available from Barry County Planning/Zoning.  Office:  269-945-1290.  Website:
  • Well and septic permits are available from the Barry-Eaton Health Department at 330 W. Woodlawn Avenue, Hastings, MI 49058.  Office:  269-945-9516.  Website:
  • Please view our ordinances at